Having something that you love and care for is a beautiful thing. That is why we keep pets. And that is why you would seek the best CBD for pets.
CBD has been proven through research to have health benefits for pets. CBD benefits for pets include reduced; stress, anxiety, chronic pain, and the general physiological discomfort without the psychoactive effects. CBD for pets research has shown CBD for pets benefits is a thing.
Pet owners have seen their pets respond differently to anxiety, pain, stress, and animal seizures after the right CBD for pets dosage. You, too, can get to care for your suffering pet with CBD oils.
What is CBD for pets? What are the specific CBD benefits for your pet’s health? CBD dosage for pets? What is hemp oil used for in dogs? Or, is hemp oil safe for cats? What does CBD do for dogs? Here are the answers.
Of course, for medication to work, the right dosage must be administered. However, unlike human medication prescribed according to age and ailment, CBD for animals accounts for; species, size, weight, ailment, and type of animal. That is a lot to account for, and so as a result, research on CBD oil dosage for cats, dogs, and other likely pets is not conclusive. Therefore a CBD dosage for cats or dogs is to be administered, starting with the lowest dose and increase it gradually while monitoring your pet’s progress.
Hemp oil for animals usually varies in the concentration of CBD, which is a feature meant to help in the dosage system. A higher concentration of CBD is meant to serve a larger animal. The concentration of the CBD factor is also applied in the function of the CBD product. For instance, CBD animal treats would be lowlily concentrated compared to a tincture CBD meant for a cat with chronic pain.
Note that for severe cases, a higher dose may be more effective. But always be mindful of the concentration of the CBD. Nonetheless, seeking expert advice from a veterinarian is the best way to go.
Benefits to Look Forward to
Ever asked yourself, what does hemp oil do for dogs or cats? Well, here is a breakdown of some of the health benefits you should expect from using CBD medication for your furry friend to improve their quality of life.
- Painkiller: studies have established pain relief to be one of the biggest CBD oil for pets benefits.
- Stress reliever: pets also experience mental issues such as fear that cause stress and anxiety. CBD works effectively in easing these experiences and enables them to cope with stress and anxiety. This is one of the main hemp oil benefits for dogs.
- Anti-inflammatory: the chemical effect on the animal’s endocannabinoid system by the CBD gives it an anti-inflammatory ability within living creatures. This effect enables the CBD compound to provide the hemp oil for dogs benefits such as treating other physiological conditions.
- Anticonvulsant: hemp dog treats benefits include the natural anticonvulsant component of the CBD compound. This makes it effective in controlling seizures, tremors, spasms, and tics.
- Antiemetic: research has established the CBD’s ability as an antiemetic to control nausea and vomiting as well as arousing a healthy appetite. This aspect is one of the major CBD for cats’ benefits.
- Anticancer medicine: CBD for pets cancer treatment is real. A recent experiment conducted on rats established that CBD possesses the ability to slow down and even stop malignant tumor growth. So you can definitely get
- Promotes physiological balance: with all these health benefits, some pet owners choose to use CBD medication regularly as a supplement that promotes the general health and well-being of their pets because the quality of health is among the major CBD benefits for dogs and cats, and other pets.
Pet CBD Administration
As a medical product that tackles a vast range of physiological issues for your pet, CBD can be administered in various forms. Edibles in the forms of chewable dog treats or capsules, for instance, area common way to administer CBD medicine, especially for supplement medication.
But do hemp treats work for dogs? Yes! Though they are used mostly on a supplementary basis.
Other forms include CBD oil drops, which are added to animal food or administered directly under the pet’s tongue. Also, there are CBD creams to be applied directly on the animal’s fur. This is especially ideal for pets with skin-based medical conditions (like the kind that causes extreme shedding).
Misconceptions on CBD for Pets
Can I get my cat high using CBD medication? As much as this would be a curious event to observe, the answer is no.
This is a common misconception for pet owners with no experience in CBD medicine. Although CBD is a cannabinoid like marijuana, it does not contain THC.
What Are The Health Benefits of CBD for my Cat?
Do cats have cannabinoid receptors? If yes, Is hemp safe for cats?
Animals, just like humans, have an endocannabinoid system, which is a major regulator of various physiological functions. Hemp products like CBD stimulate this endocannabinoid through its receptor system.
The dosage and administration should be a top priority since CBD does have side effects on animals if not administered properly.
What are These CBD Side Effects on Pets?
Apart from the benefits of CBD oil for dogs and cats, there are side effects as well. Research on the side effects experienced by hemp oils for animals is not entirely conclusive. Though most known side effects are derived from the human experiences that have been observed to affect some animals. These include;
- Decreased blood pressure: a temporary drop in blood pressure is an established experience for animals that have been given a high CBD dose.
- Dry mouth: dogs have been observed to experience a lower production of saliva and an increased sense of thirst after taking hemp oil tinctures.
- Drowsiness: a high dose of CBD medication has been observed to cause drowsiness, especially for dogs.
So what is the Best CBD Oil for Pets?
There is a myriad of CBD oils in the current market. And since the industry is largely unregulated, it becomes quite easy to procure substandard CBD products. Here are a few tips to consider to ensure that you get the best CBD oil for pets to counter this inadequacy.
- Organic CBD: your best bet on quality and safe CBD products is if they are organic. Ensure that they do not contain solvents or other harmful products like pesticides because they pose a health risk to your pet.
- Cheap is expensive: when it comes to CBD products, it is advisable not to price shop based on the most affordable but rather look for the one with the most value for money. A higher-quality CBD oil will cost more, but it is worth it since it is purer. Cheap CBD products likely contain additives and other toxic content such as heavy metals.
- Liquid CBDs are ideal: most pet owners, especially dog owners, find it easier to administer CBDs through treats. However, tinctures have been proven to be the best method to offer CBD medication to your pet. This is because they entail drop doses that can easily be adjusted. Plus, it travels faster to the rest of the body. Some of the best hemp oil for cats and dogs are administered this way.
- Labels matter: CBD treats for dogs benefits come with quality and the label on the side or on the seal. The label indicates the manufacturing practices used in the formulation of the CBD product and the ingredients used (which is where you should watch out for any contaminants); also since the FDA does not regulate the hemp products for pets, lookout for a National Animal Supplement Council (NASC) seal.
And one more tip. If giving your pet a CBD product meant for humans ever crossed your mind, do not. This is because the products used on humans have chemicals such as xylitol or grapeseed, which could be toxic to your pet.
And there you have it; The best CBD for pets. Hopefully, this read has helped guide you towards the best way to care for your fur baby with CBD medicine. So now you no longer have to ask questions like what is hemp oil for dogs? Hemp for dogs benefits? Or what is CBD for dogs? Because all the answers are here.