“Health care is not only everyone’s right but everyone’s responsibility!” And we agree with this. I’m sure you know how to buy CBD products, and although buying may be the better option knowing how to make CBD oil can go a long way. Cannabis is one of the most versatile plants, making its oil extracts have a wide array of therapeutic properties. Now here’s a guide on how to make CBD oil at home.
How to extract CBD: What You Need To Know
We want to enlighten you on how to extract CBD from cannabis. Before we get into the intricacies, you should know that the highest quality cannabis will produce an exceptional final product: always go for quality.
That is why, if you are into DIY CBD extracts, knowledge on how to grow CBD strains will help you a lot. Tinctures are the most popular way to consume CBD, so we will focus on how to make CBD tinctures.
Then we will delve into how to become a CBD distributor. The process may vary in different states, so we will give you a general overview of the road map on how to start the business.
How to extract CBD from hemp
The most common methods used to extract CBD oil use steam distillation, carbon dioxide, or hydrocarbon, or natural solvents. CO2 extraction uses supercritical carbon dioxide (containing properties of both a gas and liquid state) to separate the CBD from the plan. This method is expensive, and you expect it to be used by a large CBD company.
Steam distillation is just as the name suggests: using steam to separate the CBD from the plant. Solvent extraction is the same as steam distillation, but it uses a solvent like citric acid rather than water.
Products that are the result of CO2 extraction will most times than not give the user an entourage effect. Why? Because using this method produces products with the highest concentration of CBD. With this knowledge, you already know how to extract CBD from weed; because the process is the same.
How to make CBD oil with coconut oil
When I knew how to make my own CBD oil, I was elated. Let’s first delve into how to make CBD coconut oil. You will need; coconut oil and hemp flowers.
- Get a crockpot and mason jar. Cover the top of your mason jar with hot water to create a water bath.
- Start heating on a high, and when you achieve 1850F, you can lower the temperature.
- As the water bath is heating, decarb the hemp flowers.
- Place your coconut oil in the mason jar while leaving at least half an inch of space from the top.
- Add the decarbed flower in the coconut filled jars. And tightly seal the jar.
- Carefully place the jar in the water bath and allow it to cook for 4 hours. Preferably use a slow cooker.
- After 4 hours, remove the jar from the water and allow it to cool.
- Strain the cannabis oil through a paper filter to separate the plant matter from the oil. Voila! You have your infused coconut oil. Now store the oil.
With this knowledge, you already know how to make CBD oil with olive oil; The process is similar.
How to make CBD bath bombs
To make a CBD bath bomb, you will need all the ingredients used for bath bombs; baking soda, citric acid, corn starch, Epson salt, water, essential oil of your choice, and CBD.
Mix the dry ingredients first.
- Melt the coconut oil to make it liquid. Once you’re done, mix it with the other wet ingredients (including the CBD oil).
- Then whisk the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients. The mixture should neither be too wet or too dry.
- When done with mixing, pour the mixture in the bath bomb molds.
- Leave them out to dry overnight, and you’re good to go.
How to make CBD lotion
You will need a lotion base, pure CBD oil/isolate, essential oil or fragrance oil, and a mixing spatula. You may add a liquid colorant if you wish.
- Measure the CBD oil and fragrance oil to your desired dosage
- Add the oils and colorant to the lotion and mix them until the color is evenly dispersed.
How to make CBD salve
Ingredients: 2 tbsp beeswax, 2 tbsp cacao, and 8tbsp floral cannabis-infused oil.
- Use a double boiler. Combine the cacao butter and beeswax in the boiler over medium heat until they melt.
- Once melted, add the cannabis-infused oil and stir.
- Transfer the hot liquid in a jar. Wait for it to cool, then store in a cool dark place.
If you’ve been curious about how to make topical CBD oil; There you have it!
How to make CBD butter
Wonder how to ingest CBD oil with bread? Cannabutter is the answer. Ingredients: 1 cup of butter and 7-10 grams of decarbed cannabis.
- Grind the decarbed cannabis.
- Melt the butter by adding 1 cup of water-soluble butter into a stock saucepan. Add 1 cup of water to regulate the temperature and prevent the butter from scorching.
- Add the cannabis to the mixture. Let the mixture simmer for 3 hours, but don’t let it come to a full boil.
- Strain the cannabutter using a cheesecloth. Avoid squeezing; allow it to strain freely to avoid pushing plat material through.
How to make CBD dabs
You are asking how to smoke CBD oil? Well, you can use CBD dabs. These dabs will not make you high but will give you a sense of calmness and relaxation. Here’s how you make one;
- Get a dab rig and add the CBD concentrate. Heat the nail until the surface is glowing red.
- Place the CBD concentrate on the surface of the nail and slowly inhale the vapor. Ensure you inhale the majority of the vapor. TIP: you can place a carb cap over the nail to trap the heat.
- Exhale the vapor immediately.
This is the perfect CBD vape!
How to make CBD tea
Ingredients; tea leaves, hemp oil, butter or milk, and water.
- Boil the water in a kettle.
- You then add tea leaves to the cup and add the boiling water.
- Because CBD oil cannot mix with water, add either a dash of milk or a scoop of butter to the water and tea mixture.
- Add your hemp oil and stir.
- Wait for it to cool down and enjoy your hemp tea.
How to make CBD oil suppositories
To make cannabis suppositories, you will need; 1 gram of THC oil, 250 mg of CBD oil, half a cup of cacao butter or coconut oil, and molds.
- Melt the cacao or coconut oil in a hot water bath
- Make sure you have the exact dosage of THC and CBD oil you want to use.
- Blend the THC and CBD oil into the cacao or coconut oil. Then add the mixture I the molds.
- Put the mold in the freezer for an hour, and you’re good to go.
Confident with your skills? Then you can monetize them. Let me enlighten you.
How to become a CBD oil distributor
Before you make this decision, look into the laws governing cannabis in the state you live in. Then, if they are CBD friendly, you can start by creating a business plan.
After the plan, choose an attractive and relevant business name and a business bank account. Find a shop at a strategic location and get a license. Decide on a product to sell. Make sure you know how to get CBD oil at affordable prices if you want to make profits.
That’s all on how to be a CBD distributor; though it’s not comprehensive, it’s just an overview. You need to know the intricacies of the trade like how to buy CBD oil for specific products and how to test THC and CBD levels to ensure your product complies with the federal laws etc.
Though you may want to know how to grow CBD crystals or how to make CBD crystals at home, it is not advisable. For your safety and for coming up with pure CBD, you should not try it unless you have chemical knowledge. You can also infuse your high proof alcohol with cannabis and serve it at your CBD-friendly barbeque with friends. But we would suggest buying ready-made products. You can get the measurements very wrong, and it may prove disastrous.